About the Club
The South West Cycle Club (formerly Bunbury Cycle Club est. 1988) aims to promote and encourage cycling on all levels throughout the South West of Western Australia. Belonging to the club provides the opportunity to ride with and also to socialise with other club members and we conduct a range of activities aimed at supporting our members to become better cyclists. Click here to access our current constitution SOUTHWEST CYCLE CLUB CONSTITUTION.
‘To meet the needs of our members and to provide opportunity for cyclists to connect and to develop through various club initiatives and activities’ Click here for a list of our club values – SWCC Values See our attached the minutes of the AGM 2017 Minutes and 2017 President Report and the SWCC Audited Accounts 2016-2017 and endorsed Financial Delegations . Our annual club goals are set each year and we are affiliated with Cycling Australia and are one of the largest road cycling clubs in WA.
What we aim to achieve
- Develop a strong sense of club instilling SWCC values into all activities
- Structure an effective and accountable committee
- Increase club profile, membership and participation
- Establish and maintain a close and effective working relationship with Cyclesport WA and like minded clubs, groups and organisations
- Implement a successful development pathway for juniors, development riders and other sub-groups
- Work towards excellence in promoting and conducting events
- Establish a strong sense of SWCC camaraderie across SW whilst still encouraging local ‘chapters or teams or clubs’ to develop and have own identity
We always welcome feedback and suggestions from any club members and other stakeholders as to how we can improve, better cater for our members and achieve our objectives.
We have an action packed year and welcome all levels of cyclist to take part in our:
- Group rides
- Skills sessions
- Monthly Long rides
- Criterium races (during the summer month)
- Club Road Events
- Time Trials
- State Races and Participation Events